Coos County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Coos County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coos County, Oregon. You can contact the Coos County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Coos County property tax due date
250 N BaxterThe Coos County Assessor's Office is located in Coquille, Oregon. Coquille is the county seat of Coos County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Coos County Courthouse, at 250 North Baxter Street.
Coos County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Coos County Information
Coos County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coos County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coos County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coos County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coos County.
- The Coos County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coos County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coos County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coos County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coos County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 541-396-3121. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Coquille before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Coos County Courthouse at 541-396-3121.