Clatsop County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Clatsop County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clatsop County, Oregon. You can contact the Clatsop County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Clatsop County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
800 Exchange St Ste 310The Clatsop County Assessor's Office is located in Astoria, Oregon. Astoria is the county seat of Clatsop County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Clatsop County Courthouse, at 820 Exchange Street, Suite 210.
Clatsop County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clatsop County Information
Clatsop County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clatsop County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clatsop County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clatsop County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clatsop County.
- The Clatsop County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clatsop County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clatsop County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clatsop County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clatsop County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 503-325-8522. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Clatsop County assessor's office at 503-338-3638. Please call the assessor's office in Astoria before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clatsop County Courthouse at 503-325-1000.