Clackamas County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Clackamas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clackamas County, Oregon. You can contact the Clackamas County Assessor for:
- Checking the Clackamas County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
2051 Kaen RdThe Clackamas County Assessor's Office is located in Oregon City, Oregon. Oregon City is the county seat of Clackamas County, where most local government offices are located.
Clackamas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clackamas County Information
Clackamas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clackamas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clackamas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clackamas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clackamas County.
- The Clackamas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clackamas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clackamas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clackamas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clackamas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 503-655-8671. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Clackamas County assessor's office at 503-655-8313. Please call the assessor's office in Oregon City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clackamas County Courthouse at 503-655-8581.