Woods County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Woods County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Woods County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Woods County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Woods County property tax due date
The Woods County Assessor's Office is located in Alva, Oklahoma.
Woods County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Woods County Information
Woods County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Woods County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Woods County Tax Appraiser.
- The Woods County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Woods County.
- The Woods County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Woods County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Woods County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Woods County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Woods County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-327-3118. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Woods County assessor's office at 580-327-6230. Please call the assessor's office in Alva before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.