Washita County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Washita County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Washita County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Washita County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Washita County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO BOX 380The Washita County Assessor's Office is located in Cordell, Oklahoma. Cordell is the county seat of Washita County, where most local government offices are located.
Washita County Assessor Contact Information
Washita County Assessor Address
Washita County Assessor
111 East Main Street, Room 6
Cordell, OK 73632
Washita County Assessor Phone Number
Washita County Assessor's Website
Additional Washita County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Washita County property tax records
Washita County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Washita County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Washita County Tax Appraiser.
- The Washita County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Washita County.
- The Washita County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Washita County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Washita County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Washita County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Washita County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-832-2468. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Washita County assessor's office at 580-832-4110. Please call the assessor's office in Cordell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Washita County Courthouse at 580-832-2284.
Find the tax assessor for a different Oklahoma county
Find property records for Washita County
The median property tax in Washita County, Oklahoma is $328.00