Texas County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Texas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Texas County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Texas County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Texas County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Texas County Assessor's Office is located in Guymon, Oklahoma.
Texas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Texas County Information
Texas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Texas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Texas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Texas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Texas County.
- The Texas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Texas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Texas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Texas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Texas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-338-3060. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Texas County assessor's office at 580-338-1789. Please call the assessor's office in Guymon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.