Seminole County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Seminole County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Seminole County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Seminole County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Seminole County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
110 S Wewoka Ave Ste 103The Seminole County Assessor's Office is located in Wewoka, Oklahoma. Wewoka is the county seat of Seminole County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Seminole County Courthouse, at 126 South Wewoka Avenue.
Seminole County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Seminole County Information
Seminole County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Seminole County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Seminole County Tax Appraiser.
- The Seminole County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Seminole County.
- The Seminole County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Seminole County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Seminole County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Seminole County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Seminole County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 405-257-3371. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Seminole County assessor's office at 405-257-6465. Please call the assessor's office in Wewoka before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Seminole County Courthouse at 405-257-2450.