Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Pottawatomie County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Pottawatomie County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Pottawatomie County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Pottawatomie County Assessor's Office is located in Shawnee, Oklahoma.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Pottawatomie County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pottawatomie County Information
Pottawatomie County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pottawatomie County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pottawatomie County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pottawatomie County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pottawatomie County.
- The Pottawatomie County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pottawatomie County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pottawatomie County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pottawatomie County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pottawatomie County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 405-275-4740. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pottawatomie County assessor's office at 405-273-6450. Please call the assessor's office in Shawnee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352