Pontotoc County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Pontotoc County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Pontotoc County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Pontotoc County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Pontotoc County Assessor's Office is located in Ada, Oklahoma.
Pontotoc County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pontotoc County Information
Pontotoc County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pontotoc County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pontotoc County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pontotoc County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pontotoc County.
- The Pontotoc County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pontotoc County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pontotoc County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pontotoc County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pontotoc County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-332-0317. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Ada before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.