Pittsburg County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Pittsburg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Pittsburg County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Pittsburg County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
115 E Carl Albert PkwyThe Pittsburg County Assessor's Office is located in McAlester, Oklahoma. McAlester is the county seat of Pittsburg County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Pittsburg County Courthouse, at 115 East Carl Albert Pkwy..
Pittsburg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pittsburg County Information
Pittsburg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pittsburg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pittsburg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pittsburg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pittsburg County.
- The Pittsburg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pittsburg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pittsburg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pittsburg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pittsburg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 918-423-4726. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in McAlester before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pittsburg County Courthouse at 918-423-1338.