Payne County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Payne County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Payne County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Payne County Assessor for:
- Checking the Payne County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Payne County Assessor's Office is located in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
Payne County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Payne County Information
Payne County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Payne County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Payne County Tax Appraiser.
- The Payne County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Payne County.
- The Payne County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Payne County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Payne County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Payne County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Payne County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 405-747-8300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Stillwater before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.