Okmulgee County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Okmulgee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Okmulgee County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Okmulgee County Assessor for:
- Checking the Okmulgee County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
314 W 7Th StThe Okmulgee County Assessor's Office is located in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. Okmulgee is the county seat of Okmulgee County, where most local government offices are located.
Okmulgee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Okmulgee County Information
Okmulgee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Okmulgee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Okmulgee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Okmulgee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Okmulgee County.
- The Okmulgee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Okmulgee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Okmulgee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Okmulgee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Okmulgee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 918-758-0303. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Okmulgee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Okmulgee County Courthouse at 918-756-3836.