Murray County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Murray County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Murray County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Murray County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Murray County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1001 W. WyandotteThe Murray County Assessor's Office is located in Sulphur, Oklahoma. Sulphur is the county seat of Murray County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Murray County Courthouse, at 1001 West Wyandotte Avenue.
Murray County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Murray County Information
Murray County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Murray County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Murray County Tax Appraiser.
- The Murray County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Murray County.
- The Murray County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Murray County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Murray County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Murray County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Murray County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-622-3433. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Sulphur before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Murray County Courthouse at 580-622-3777.