McClain County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The McClain County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McClain County, Oklahoma. You can contact the McClain County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the McClain County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 629The McClain County Assessor's Office is located in Purcell, Oklahoma. Purcell is the county seat of McClain County, where most local government offices are located.
McClain County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McClain County Information
McClain County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McClain County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McClain County Tax Appraiser.
- The McClain County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McClain County.
- The McClain County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McClain County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McClain County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McClain County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McClain County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 405-527-3520. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Purcell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mcclain County Courthouse at 405-527-3117.