Kay County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Kay County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kay County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Kay County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Kay County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Kay County Assessor's Office is located in Newkirk, Oklahoma.
Kay County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kay County Information
Kay County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kay County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kay County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kay County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kay County.
- The Kay County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kay County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kay County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kay County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kay County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-362-2565. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kay County assessor's office at 580-362-3668. Please call the assessor's office in Newkirk before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.