Jackson County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Jackson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Jackson County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Jackson County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Jackson County property tax due date
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Jackson County Assessor's Office is located in Altus, Oklahoma.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Jackson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Jackson County Information
Jackson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Jackson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Jackson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Jackson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Jackson County.
- The Jackson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Jackson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Jackson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Jackson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Jackson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-482-0787. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Altus before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352