Hughes County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Hughes County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hughes County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Hughes County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Hughes County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
The Hughes County Assessor's Office is located in Holdenville, Oklahoma.
Hughes County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hughes County Information
Hughes County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hughes County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hughes County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hughes County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hughes County.
- The Hughes County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hughes County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hughes County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hughes County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hughes County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 405-379-3862. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Holdenville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.