Harper County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Harper County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Harper County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Harper County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Harper County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Harper County Assessor's Office is located in Buffalo, Oklahoma.
Harper County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Harper County Information
Harper County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Harper County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Harper County Tax Appraiser.
- The Harper County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Harper County.
- The Harper County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Harper County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Harper County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Harper County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Harper County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-735-2343. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Buffalo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.