Custer County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Custer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Custer County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Custer County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Custer County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 300The Custer County Assessor's Office is located in Arapaho, Oklahoma. Arapaho is the county seat of Custer County, where most local government offices are located.
Custer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Custer County Information
Custer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Custer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Custer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Custer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Custer County.
- The Custer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Custer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Custer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Custer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Custer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-323-3271. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Custer County assessor's office at 580-331-1105. Please call the assessor's office in Arapaho before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Custer County Courthouse at 580-323-4420.