Cotton County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Cotton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cotton County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Cotton County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Cotton County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
301 N Broadway StThe Cotton County Assessor's Office is located in Walters, Oklahoma. Walters is the county seat of Cotton County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Cotton County Courthouse, at 301 North Broadway Street.
Cotton County Assessor Contact Information
Cotton County Assessor Address
Cotton County Assessor
301 North Broadway Street
Walters, OK 73572
Cotton County Assessor Phone Number
Cotton County Assessor's Website
Additional Cotton County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Cotton County property tax records
Cotton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cotton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cotton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cotton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cotton County.
- The Cotton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cotton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cotton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cotton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cotton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-875-3289. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Walters before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cotton County Courthouse at 580-875-3026.
Find the tax assessor for a different Oklahoma county
Find property records for Cotton County
The median property tax in Cotton County, Oklahoma is $421.00