Coal County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Coal County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coal County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Coal County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Coal County property tax due date
5 West ClayThe Coal County Assessor's Office is located in Coalgate, Oklahoma. Coalgate is the county seat of Coal County, where most local government offices are located.
Coal County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Coal County Information
Coal County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coal County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coal County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coal County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coal County.
- The Coal County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coal County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coal County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coal County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coal County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-927-3123. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Coalgate before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Coal County Courthouse at 580-927-3122.