Choctaw County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Choctaw County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Choctaw County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Choctaw County Assessor for:
- Checking the Choctaw County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Choctaw County Assessor's Office is located in Hugo, Oklahoma.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Choctaw County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Choctaw County Information
Choctaw County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Choctaw County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Choctaw County Tax Appraiser.
- The Choctaw County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Choctaw County.
- The Choctaw County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Choctaw County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Choctaw County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Choctaw County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Choctaw County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-326-2358. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Choctaw County assessor's office at 580-326-0633. Please call the assessor's office in Hugo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352