Blaine County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Blaine County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Blaine County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Blaine County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Blaine County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
200 North WeigleThe Blaine County Assessor's Office is located in Watonga, Oklahoma. Watonga is the county seat of Blaine County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Blaine County Courthouse, at 212 North Weigle.
Blaine County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Blaine County Information
Blaine County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Blaine County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Blaine County Tax Appraiser.
- The Blaine County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Blaine County.
- The Blaine County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Blaine County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Blaine County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Blaine County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Blaine County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-623-5123. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Watonga before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Blaine County Courthouse at 580-623-5890.