Wood County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Wood County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wood County, Ohio. You can contact the Wood County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Wood County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
1 CourthouseThe Wood County Assessor's Office is located in Bowling Green, Ohio. Bowling Green is the county seat of Wood County, where most local government offices are located.
Wood County Assessor Contact Information
Wood County Assessor Address
Wood County Auditor
2nd Floor, One Courthouse Square
Bowling Green, OH 43402
Wood County Assessor Phone Number
Wood County Assessor's Website
Additional Wood County Information
Property Tax Search - Pay Property Taxes (Tax Records) Find Wood County property tax records
Property Tax Search Tool & GIS Maps Geographical Information System
Wood County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wood County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wood County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wood County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wood County.
- The Wood County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wood County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wood County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wood County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wood County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-354-9150. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bowling Green before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wood County Courthouse at 419-354-9100.
Find the tax assessor for a different Ohio county
Find property records for Wood County