Williams County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Williams County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Williams County, Ohio. You can contact the Williams County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Williams County property tax due date
1 Courthouse SqThe Williams County Assessor's Office is located in Bryan, Ohio. Bryan is the county seat of Williams County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Williams County Courthouse, at One Courthouse Square.
Williams County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Williams County Information
Williams County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Williams County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Williams County Tax Appraiser.
- The Williams County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Williams County.
- The Williams County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Williams County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Williams County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Williams County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Williams County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 305-636-2454. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Williams County assessor's office at 419-636-8584. Please call the assessor's office in Bryan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Williams County Courthouse at 419-636-2059.