Vinton County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Vinton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Vinton County, Ohio. You can contact the Vinton County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Vinton County property tax due date
100 E Main StThe Vinton County Assessor's Office is located in McArthur, Ohio. McArthur is the county seat of Vinton County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Vinton County Courthouse, at 100 East Main Street.
Vinton County Assessor Contact Information
Vinton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Vinton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Vinton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Vinton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Vinton County.
- The Vinton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Vinton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Vinton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Vinton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Vinton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-596-4571. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Vinton County assessor's office at 740-596-5022. Please call the assessor's office in McArthur before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Vinton County Courthouse at 740-596-4571.