Van Wert County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Van Wert County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Van Wert County, Ohio. You can contact the Van Wert County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Van Wert County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
120 East Main StreetThe Van Wert County Assessor's Office is located in Van Wert, Ohio. Van Wert is the county seat of Van Wert County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Van Wert County Courthouse, at 121 East Main Street.
Van Wert County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Van Wert County Information
Van Wert County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Van Wert County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Van Wert County Tax Appraiser.
- The Van Wert County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Van Wert County.
- The Van Wert County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Van Wert County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Van Wert County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Van Wert County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Van Wert County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-238-0843. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Van Wert County assessor's office at 419-238-1111. Please call the assessor's office in Van Wert before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Van Wert County Courthouse at 419-238-6159.