Stark County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Stark County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Stark County, Ohio. You can contact the Stark County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Stark County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
110 Central Plz S Ste 250The Stark County Assessor's Office is located in Canton, Ohio. Canton is the county seat of Stark County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Stark County Administration Building, at 110 Central Plaza South, Suite 220.
Stark County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Stark County Information
Stark County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Stark County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Stark County Tax Appraiser.
- The Stark County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Stark County.
- The Stark County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Stark County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Stark County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Stark County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Stark County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 330-451-7357. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Stark County assessor's office at 330-451-7630. Please call the assessor's office in Canton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Stark County Administration Building at 330-451-7371.