Seneca County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Seneca County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Seneca County, Ohio. You can contact the Seneca County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Seneca County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
111 Madison StThe Seneca County Assessor's Office is located in Tiffin, Ohio. Tiffin is the county seat of Seneca County, where most local government offices are located.
Seneca County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Seneca County Information
Seneca County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Seneca County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Seneca County Tax Appraiser.
- The Seneca County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Seneca County.
- The Seneca County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Seneca County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Seneca County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Seneca County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Seneca County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-447-0692. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Seneca County assessor's office at 419-448-5055. Please call the assessor's office in Tiffin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Seneca County Courthouse at 419-447-4550.