Scioto County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Scioto County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Scioto County, Ohio. You can contact the Scioto County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Scioto County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
602 Seventh Street, Room 1The Scioto County Assessor's Office is located in Portsmouth, Ohio. Portsmouth is the county seat of Scioto County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Scioto County Courthouse, at 602 7th Street, Room 103.
Scioto County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Scioto County Information
Scioto County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Scioto County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Scioto County Tax Appraiser.
- The Scioto County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Scioto County.
- The Scioto County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Scioto County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Scioto County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Scioto County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Scioto County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-355-8324. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Scioto County assessor's office at 740-355-8240. Please call the assessor's office in Portsmouth before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Scioto County Courthouse at 740-355-8313.