Sandusky County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Sandusky County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sandusky County, Ohio. You can contact the Sandusky County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Sandusky County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
622 Croghan StThe Sandusky County Assessor's Office is located in Fremont, Ohio. Fremont is the county seat of Sandusky County, where most local government offices are located.
Sandusky County Assessor Contact Information
Sandusky County Assessor Address
Sandusky County Auditor
100 North Park Avenue, Suite 228
Fremont, OH 43420
Sandusky County Assessor Phone Number
Sandusky County Assessor's Website
Additional Sandusky County Information
Pay Your Property Tax How to pay property taxes
Property Tax Search - GIS Maps (Tax Records) Geographical Information System
Property Tax Search Tool Find Sandusky County property tax records
Sandusky County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sandusky County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sandusky County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sandusky County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sandusky County.
- The Sandusky County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sandusky County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sandusky County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sandusky County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sandusky County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-334-6123. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Sandusky County assessor's office at 419-334-6139. Please call the assessor's office in Fremont before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sandusky County Courthouse at 419-334-6100.
Find the tax assessor for a different Ohio county
Find property records for Sandusky County
The median property tax in Sandusky County, Ohio is $1,264.00