Ross County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Ross County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ross County, Ohio. You can contact the Ross County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Ross County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
2 North Paint Street, Suite HThe Ross County Assessor's Office is located in Chillicothe, Ohio. Chillicothe is the county seat of Ross County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ross County Courthouse, at 2 North Paint Street, Suite G.
Ross County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ross County Information
Ross County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ross County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ross County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ross County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ross County.
- The Ross County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ross County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ross County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ross County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ross County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-702-3080. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ross County assessor's office at 740-772-6748. Please call the assessor's office in Chillicothe before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ross County Courthouse at 740-702-3085.