Preble County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Preble County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Preble County, Ohio. You can contact the Preble County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Preble County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
101 E Main StThe Preble County Assessor's Office is located in Eaton, Ohio. Eaton is the county seat of Preble County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Preble County Courthouse, at 101 East Main Street.
Preble County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Preble County Information
Preble County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Preble County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Preble County Tax Appraiser.
- The Preble County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Preble County.
- The Preble County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Preble County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Preble County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Preble County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Preble County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 937-456-8148. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Preble County assessor's office at 937-456-8108. Please call the assessor's office in Eaton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Preble County Courthouse at 937-456-8143.