Portage County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Portage County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Portage County, Ohio. You can contact the Portage County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Portage County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Portage County Assessor's Office is located in the Portage County Administration Building in Ravenna, Ohio.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Portage County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Portage County Information
Portage County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Portage County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Portage County Tax Appraiser.
- The Portage County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Portage County.
- The Portage County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Portage County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Portage County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Portage County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Portage County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 330-297-3561. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Portage County assessor's office at 330-297-4560. Please call the assessor's office in Ravenna before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352