Pickaway County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Pickaway County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pickaway County, Ohio. You can contact the Pickaway County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Pickaway County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
139 W. Franklin St.The Pickaway County Assessor's Office is located in Circleville, Ohio. Circleville is the county seat of Pickaway County, where most local government offices are located.
Pickaway County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pickaway County Information
Pickaway County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pickaway County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pickaway County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pickaway County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pickaway County.
- The Pickaway County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pickaway County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pickaway County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pickaway County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pickaway County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-474-4765. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pickaway County assessor's office at 740-474-4956. Please call the assessor's office in Circleville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pickaway County Courthouse at 740-474-6093.