Muskingum County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Muskingum County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Muskingum County, Ohio. You can contact the Muskingum County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Muskingum County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
401 Main StThe Muskingum County Assessor's Office is located in Zanesville, Ohio. Zanesville is the county seat of Muskingum County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Muskingum County Courthouse, at 401 Main Street.
Muskingum County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Muskingum County Information
Muskingum County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Muskingum County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Muskingum County Tax Appraiser.
- The Muskingum County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Muskingum County.
- The Muskingum County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Muskingum County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Muskingum County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Muskingum County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Muskingum County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-455-7109. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Muskingum County assessor's office at 740-455-7182. Please call the assessor's office in Zanesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Muskingum County Courthouse at 740-455-7100.