Morrow County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Morrow County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Morrow County, Ohio. You can contact the Morrow County Assessor for:
- Checking the Morrow County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
80 N Walnut St Ste AThe Morrow County Assessor's Office is located in Mt. Gilead, Ohio.
Morrow County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Morrow County Information
Morrow County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Morrow County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Morrow County Tax Appraiser.
- The Morrow County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Morrow County.
- The Morrow County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Morrow County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Morrow County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Morrow County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Morrow County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-946-4060. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Morrow County assessor's office at 419-946-6713. Please call the assessor's office in Mt. Gilead before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Morrow County government at 419-947-4085.