Mercer County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Mercer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mercer County, Ohio. You can contact the Mercer County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mercer County property tax due date
220 W Livingston St Ste A201The Mercer County Assessor's Office is located in Celina, Ohio. Celina is the county seat of Mercer County, where most local government offices are located.
Mercer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mercer County Information
Mercer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mercer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mercer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mercer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mercer County.
- The Mercer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mercer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mercer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mercer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mercer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-586-6402. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Celina before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mercer County Courthouse at 419-586-3178.