Meigs County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Meigs County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Meigs County, Ohio. You can contact the Meigs County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Meigs County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
100 E 2Nd StThe Meigs County Assessor's Office is located in Pomeroy, Ohio. Pomeroy is the county seat of Meigs County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Meigs County Courthouse, at 100 East 2nd Street.
Meigs County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Meigs County Information
Meigs County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Meigs County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Meigs County Tax Appraiser.
- The Meigs County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Meigs County.
- The Meigs County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Meigs County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Meigs County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Meigs County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Meigs County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-992-2698. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Meigs County assessor's office at 740-992-6289. Please call the assessor's office in Pomeroy before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Meigs County Courthouse at 740-992-2895.