Lucas County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Lucas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lucas County, Ohio. You can contact the Lucas County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Lucas County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
One Goverment Center, Suite 800The Lucas County Assessor's Office is located in Toledo, Ohio. Toledo is the county seat of Lucas County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Carlson Library, at One Government Center, Suite 600.
Lucas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lucas County Information
Lucas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lucas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lucas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lucas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lucas County.
- The Lucas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lucas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lucas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lucas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lucas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-213-4340. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Toledo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Carlson Library at 419-213-4000.