Lorain County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Lorain County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lorain County, Ohio. You can contact the Lorain County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Lorain County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
226 Middle AveThe Lorain County Assessor's Office is located in Elyria, Ohio. Elyria is the county seat of Lorain County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lorain County Courthouse, at 226 Middle Avenue, 2nd Floor.
Lorain County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lorain County Information
Lorain County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lorain County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lorain County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lorain County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lorain County.
- The Lorain County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lorain County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lorain County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lorain County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lorain County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 440-329-5207. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Elyria before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lorain County Courthouse at 440-329-5000.