Licking County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Licking County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Licking County, Ohio. You can contact the Licking County Assessor for:
- Checking the Licking County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
20 S 2Nd StThe Licking County Assessor's Office is located in Newark, Ohio. Newark is the county seat of Licking County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Licking County Administration Building, at 20 South 2nd Street.
Licking County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Licking County Information
Licking County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Licking County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Licking County Tax Appraiser.
- The Licking County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Licking County.
- The Licking County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Licking County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Licking County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Licking County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Licking County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-670-5040. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Newark before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Licking County Administration Building at 740-349-6066.