Huron County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Huron County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Huron County, Ohio. You can contact the Huron County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Huron County property tax due date
180 Milan AveThe Huron County Assessor's Office is located in Norwalk, Ohio. Norwalk is the county seat of Huron County, where most local government offices are located.
Huron County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Huron County Information
Huron County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Huron County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Huron County Tax Appraiser.
- The Huron County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Huron County.
- The Huron County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Huron County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Huron County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Huron County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Huron County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-668-4304. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Huron County assessor's office at 419-663-6948. Please call the assessor's office in Norwalk before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Huron County Courthouse at 419-668-3092.