Holmes County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Holmes County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Holmes County, Ohio. You can contact the Holmes County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Holmes County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
2 Court St Ste 14The Holmes County Assessor's Office is located in Millersburg, Ohio. Millersburg is the county seat of Holmes County, where most local government offices are located.
Holmes County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Holmes County Information
Holmes County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Holmes County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Holmes County Tax Appraiser.
- The Holmes County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Holmes County.
- The Holmes County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Holmes County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Holmes County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Holmes County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Holmes County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 330-674-1896. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Holmes County assessor's office at 330-674-9428. Please call the assessor's office in Millersburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Old Jail Office Building at 330-674-0286.