Hocking County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Hocking County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hocking County, Ohio. You can contact the Hocking County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Hocking County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
1 East Main StreetThe Hocking County Assessor's Office is located in Logan, Ohio. Logan is the county seat of Hocking County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hocking County Courthouse, at 1 East Main Street.
Hocking County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hocking County Information
Hocking County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hocking County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hocking County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hocking County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hocking County.
- The Hocking County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hocking County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hocking County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hocking County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hocking County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-385-2127. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hocking County assessor's office at 740-385-9888. Please call the assessor's office in Logan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hocking County Courthouse at 740-385-5195.