Harrison County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Harrison County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Harrison County, Ohio. You can contact the Harrison County Assessor for:
- Checking the Harrison County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
100 W Market StThe Harrison County Assessor's Office is located in Cadiz, Ohio. Cadiz is the county seat of Harrison County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Harrison County Courthouse, at 100 West Market Street.
Harrison County Assessor Contact Information
Harrison County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Harrison County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Harrison County Tax Appraiser.
- The Harrison County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Harrison County.
- The Harrison County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Harrison County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Harrison County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Harrison County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Harrison County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-942-8861. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Cadiz before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Harrison County Courthouse at 740-942-4623.