Guernsey County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Guernsey County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Guernsey County, Ohio. You can contact the Guernsey County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Guernsey County property tax due date
627 Wheeling AveThe Guernsey County Assessor's Office is located in Cambridge, Ohio. Cambridge is the county seat of Guernsey County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Guernsey County Courthouse, at 627 Wheeling Avenue.
Guernsey County Assessor Contact Information
Guernsey County Assessor Address
Guernsey County Auditor
627 Wheeling Avenue
Cambridge, OH 43725
Guernsey County Assessor Phone Number
Guernsey County Assessor's Website
Additional Guernsey County Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Guernsey County property tax records
Guernsey County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Guernsey County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Guernsey County Tax Appraiser.
- The Guernsey County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Guernsey County.
- The Guernsey County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Guernsey County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Guernsey County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Guernsey County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Guernsey County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-432-9243. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Cambridge before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Guernsey County Courthouse at 740-432-9200.
Find the tax assessor for a different Ohio county
Find property records for Guernsey County