Geauga County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Geauga County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Geauga County, Ohio. You can contact the Geauga County Assessor for:
- Checking the Geauga County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
231 Main StThe Geauga County Assessor's Office is located in Chardon, Ohio. Chardon is the county seat of Geauga County, where most local government offices are located.
Geauga County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Geauga County Information
Geauga County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Geauga County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Geauga County Tax Appraiser.
- The Geauga County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Geauga County.
- The Geauga County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Geauga County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Geauga County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Geauga County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Geauga County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 440-285-2222. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Chardon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Geauga County Courthouse at 440-285-2222.