Gallia County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Gallia County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gallia County, Ohio. You can contact the Gallia County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Gallia County property tax due date
18 Locust St Ste 1292The Gallia County Assessor's Office is located in Gallipolis, Ohio. Gallipolis is the county seat of Gallia County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gallia County Courthouse, at 18 Locust Street.
Gallia County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gallia County Information
Gallia County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gallia County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gallia County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gallia County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gallia County.
- The Gallia County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gallia County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gallia County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gallia County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gallia County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 740-446-4612-ext.-213. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gallia County assessor's office at 740-446-9666. Please call the assessor's office in Gallipolis before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gallia County Courthouse at 740-446-4612.