Defiance County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Defiance County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Defiance County, Ohio. You can contact the Defiance County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Defiance County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
500 Court Street, Suite AThe Defiance County Assessor's Office is located in the Defiance County Courthouse in Defiance, Ohio. Defiance is the county seat of Defiance County, where most local government offices are located.
Defiance County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Defiance County Information
Defiance County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Defiance County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Defiance County Tax Appraiser.
- The Defiance County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Defiance County.
- The Defiance County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Defiance County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Defiance County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Defiance County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Defiance County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-784-3111. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Defiance County assessor's office at 419-784-2761. Please call the assessor's office in Defiance before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Defiance County Courthouse at 419-782-4761.